FFT Library for Arduino
I am planning to make a slightly more complex but fun project which is visualizing music with LED. There are couple of ways of doing it. VU meter is display amplitude of sound. Fancier way of visualizing music involve frequency analysis of music. Think of your old music component or music visualization of Winamp and etc. The frequency of signal can be analyzed by FFT. Fast Fourier transform (FFT) is rather a complex math which I don’t clearly understand. It is quite difficult to do with 8 bit microcontroller like Arduino.
I tried some FFT code for Arduino and found fixed point FFT from ELM Chan works best for me. The main problem with Chan’s code was written by Assembler which is difficult to make it as a Arduino library. Luckily, AMurchick from Arduino forum make it work as a Arduino Library. I modified code little bit and add Processing application (modified from boolscott’s) to visualize data. All credits should go to where it belong.
DownLoad FFT Library : http://code.google.com/p/neuroelec/downloads/list
Of course, I want to show you how well it works. Compare FFT results from Oscilloscope and Arduino.
- mois-Blog – Lauschen statt wiegen?
- [DIY] Arduino + PaperToy + Micro + LED – Adrien Baptiste
- 60439 – Advanced SIS: Hybrid Instrument Building » sound sensing and arduino
- NEW PRODUCT – Electret Microphone Amplifier – MAX4466 with Adjustable Gain « adafruit industries blog
- BACK IN STOCK – Electret Microphone Amplifier – MAX4466 with Adjustable Gain « adafruit industries blog
Didn't find any related posts :(